Thursday, August 21, 2014

First… this.

I have been paralyzed from writing since the ISIS horror in Iraq has been so much in my face. Anything I could think of to pen seemed self serving, or petty, or small, in light of the trauma that is lying on top of a whole culture of people on the other side of the world.
But the reality is, I don't want to blog about it. I don't want to give my opinions or bleed my sadness across the page.  I still feel helpless, I still feel broken, and grieved, and heavy hearted.  The only remedy for that, as I sit a world away with little to offer my brothers and sisters in humanity as they suffer evil daily, is to pray.  I have been in women's groups where I've shared details. I've been in several prayer meetings where we talked, and prayed, and cried.  But I can't do it here. It might be cowardice or fear, but I have nothing to say other than to ask you to not forget. To not hide in your own daily stressors and pretend that you don't know. We DO know. And pray we must. If you have money? Please give. They're asking for our help. If you have extra time? Pray more. Educate yourself. Remember. Do not let helplessness and fear keep you from the power you do have- to give and to pray. Those things hold more value than we can ever know this side of death. 


The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -Edmond Burke 

*You can follow Canon Andrew White on FB. He is on the ground as a minister in Baghdad and gives info that is different than what the media shares. It helps to see his photos and read his updates and know how best to pray and give. You can find him here:

https://www.facebook.com/apbw2?fref=ts

No comments: