Thursday, September 19, 2013

New Start

I'm stepping into a new venture today.  I have a life coach.  The way it's come about is pretty amazing, but the end result is that I'm getting time and energy from someone... for no cost.  I'm so humbled and blessed that she chose me.  I have several dreams and ideas that I'd like to see come to fruition, and I could use the help in keeping me focused and aware of what needs to be done.

I struggle with focus.  I tend to be a dreamer... and while I'm not lazy, I do have a hard time getting things pushed through all the way to the end.  I get caught up in the details, or overwhelmed, or distracted, and my best intentions wither and crumple and fall to the ground into the pile of other well meaning ideas.  I'm hopeful that with her accountability and structure, that I can get past the hump of fear and boredom and move into that place where I begin to see fruit come from the things I desire to do.  I want my life to matter.  And I need to provide. To me, those things can coincide.. and I want to make the effort to have that happen.

She had me start with the Myer's Brigg's personality indicator. I've done it multiple times before and have always typed out as an ENFP.  I was curious to see if that would stay true in light of the stress I've been under for so long, or if anything would change.  I wound up still being an ENFP.
If you've never heard of Myer's Brigg's, I would highly encourage you to take the indicator.  It can be found here: http://www.humanmetrics.com  It's an amazing tool to begin to understand yourself more, and why and how you do the things that you do.

In a nutshell ENFP's are:

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.  (Typelogic.com)


I'm interested to see where this goes.  I hope the time spent with her will translate itself into movement forward here in my day to day life.  I'll let you know. 

No comments: